Friday, January 7, 2011

The Paper Aisle...

I was at Michaels today looking at fake flowers and glass jars, and I decided to meander down the paper aisle. Can I just say that this may be my favorite aisle EVER?! You can make anything out of a gorgeous piece of paper! And just seeing all the different patterns makes my artsy side go absolutely bonkers with ideas for crafts. I started thinking about wedding invitations and how much fun I would have making my own, instead of ordering them and having them printed. Thus, the reason for this blog post...


I decided to try it out. You know, just to see what sort of thing I could come up with... I'm having way too much fun at this completely unreasonable hour of the night, but I just can't stop!


 I started with this little number:






I cut the pre-cut card in half to begin with, then simply cut a piece of paper to fit the middle. I put glue along the top of the paper and stuck it onto the card. Easy, right? Right.

I added holes and a sweet little ribbon, and a button to finish it off. Easiest card I ever made!

Then I began project Two:


I started by sewing a button in the center of the card right by the bottom where it opens. Then I spent about 30 minutes braiding three pieces of THREAD. I would like to recommend not doing this. Once your fingers lose grip the 452nd time, you'll wish you hadn't been so overly ambitious... I promise!

I added a nifty little "M" on the back for "Moore" (my future last name!) :D


Once all the stitched details were complete, I covered the inside threads with a pretty paper.


I was still having fun with the whole sewing paper thing, so I decided to try my hand at a paper rose...


I love how it turned out!





I added a card to compliment my paper rose, 


 a little sparkle,



and Ta-Da!


So there you have it... That is how the paper aisle affects me! Could I stop it from happening? Never. It's inevitable that at some point in my life I will have to walk down an aisle somewhere that is home to many shapes and styles of wonderful paper. So why not just let it happen now? :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...