Thursday, March 29, 2012

Sleepy Minds Think Alike

For those of you who don’t know this about me, I’m an extremely hard sleeper. But I get in this weird in-between place where I can think, but I’m not awake. And when I am startled, I really startle.

So a few nights ago, in the middle of the night, I felt something on my head. It was like something was massaging my scalp and playing with my hair. It felt kind of good… :) I drifted in and out of the in-between place a few times wondering what it was. All of a sudden I realized it was a kitten! It was batting my hair around!

Meanwhile…

Austin was all warm and cuddled up, sleeping like a baby. One of the kittens laid on his shoulder and snuggled in. He started petting it in his half asleep state. He gave it a little “love pet” because “it was so soft!”

After a few minutes…

I startled awake, startling Austin awake, and both of us were thinking the same thing.

 

How the heck did the kittens get up here?!?

 

I stared at Austin for a good twenty seconds in my groggy state of mind- truly trying to grasp what happened. There was no kitten in our bed. NOT ONE. As we stared at each other dazed and confused, we slowly started piecing it together.

I had rolled over in my sleep and my head landed on his shoulder. He thought that it was a kitten because of how soft it was, so he pet it. I thought the petting was a kitten playing with my head. In the morning we weren’t sure if it really had happened, but we both remembered it so it must have!

Apparently my hair is incredibly soft- as soft as a kitten to be exact. And apparently, we both have kittens on our minds so much so that we would BOTH think it was the same thing! We laughed so hard in the morning when we were in our right minds.

What a funny little thing… that'll definitely go in the memories book!

Have you ever had a funny/weird thing happen while you were half asleep? Do tell! Half asleep stories are probably my favorites of all time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...