Sunday, June 6, 2010

Motivation?? Now that's laugh...

As I face the long summer ahead of me, and think about my time, I know there will probably be too few workouts, too many "seconds" on dessert, and plenty rain to keep my motivation to a minimum. Living in rainy, cloudy weather all year long can be quite discouraging! Instinctively I just push exercise to tomorrow when "it's sure to be sunny!" Being on the track team during the school always helped keep me in shape... I had no choice but to run my hiney off! Now that those scheduled workouts are done, I can almost feel myself putting the extra cushion on.

I've found that as much as people say "Motivate yourself!", It's simply not going to work that way. Good ol' ice cream and white cheddar popcorn are the only things that remotely motivate me, and those are the things I am supposed to be cutting out of my diet! Self-discipline is going to have to win. Maybe with some discipline I'll get my cardio going once again...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...