Talk about YUM! These were so easy, so yummy, and so much healthier than other creamy pasta options! A even gave them his stamp of approval ;) Pasta that’s thick, creamy, and rich- full flavor bursting with garlic and zingy lemon. Mushroom side that’s simply delicious… Best part of the pasta: It only takes about twenty minutes!
The Mushrooms take longer, so I started them first. The recipe was much larger than I wanted to make, so I just cut everything down a little.
Roasted Mushroom Medley
This recipe has been adapted from http://www.italianfoodforever.com/2008/08/roasted-mushroom-medley/
Yield: Serves 4-6 Prep Time: 15mins Cook Time: 40mins
- 2 Pounds Mixed Fresh Mushrooms
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Chopped or Minced
- 1/2c Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Chopped Fresh Rosemary
- 1 Teaspoon Chopped Fresh Sage
- 1/4c Chopped Fresh Parsley
- 2 Teaspoons Marsala Cooking Wine
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Remove stems from the caps, chop off the ends, and cut into larger pieces (no larger than 2in. in size)
3. Mix the olive oil with the garlic, herbs, seasonings and cooking wine in an ovenproof casserole dish large enough to fit all of the mushrooms
4. Add the mushrooms, and mix well, coating the mushrooms with the flavored oil
5. Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until cooked through
Creamy Avacado Pasta
This recipe has been adapted from http://ohsheglows.com/2011/01/31/15-minute-creamy-avocado-pasta/
Yield: Serves 2
- 1 medium sized ripe Avocado, pitted (or 2 small!)
- 2-3 garlic cloves, to taste (I used 3 and it was quite garlicky, but if you are not a big fan of garlic use 1 clove)
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt, or to taste
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 servings/6 oz of your choice of pasta (I used linguini)
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Bring several cups of water to a boil in a medium sized pot. Add in your pasta, reduce heat to medium, and cook until Al Dente, about 8-10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, make the sauce by placing the garlic cloves and olive oil into a food processor (the original recipe calls for lemon added here, I just didn’t have any on hand! That would really give it the kick it needed. I also used a blender, so our sauce was a little thicker). Process until smooth. Now add in the pitted avocado, basil, and salt. Process until smooth and creamy.
3. When pasta is done cooking, drain and rinse in a strainer and place pasta into a large bowl. Pour on sauce and toss until fully combined. Garnish with salt and black pepper (add some lemon zest if you have them on hand!). Serve immediately. Makes 2 servings.
Please note: Because of the avocados, this cannot be reheated! Serve immediately :)